Friday, May 29, 2015

Octavio Paz and Catrin Welz Stein

I always tend to associate artistic photos with literature. It is like small parts of me unite in order to create a bounded universe, a certain emotion that involves more of my senses, visual, audio-  they all reverberate. This time, Catrin Welz Stein's digital creations reminded me of Octavio Paz' poem, E"l Desconocido".
And because no translation can't do it justice, I let you hear the Spanish musicality and harmony of these verses. It doesn't even matter if you don't understand the lines, look at the pictures and feel the vibe and rhythm of the words. 

"La noche es verde, vasta y silenciosa.
La noche es morada y azul.
Es de fuego y es de agua.
La noche es de mármol negro y de humo.
En sus hombros nace un río que se curva,
una silenciosa cascada de plumas negras."


Octavio Paz










No comments:

Post a Comment